Legal Advocacy Program
Walk-ins are welcome.
Assistance is provided at no cost by appointment.
At the Legal Advocacy Program of YWCA Monterey County, we work to increase immediate and long-term safety for victims of domestic violence and stalking by providing assistance with family law matters. In tandem with all of our programs, we want people to know stalking is abuse. We provide survivors with the legal tools and next steps forward to protect themselves from stalkers, intimate partner violence, and abusers.
Court accompaniment with a legal advocate is provided for victims who need restraining orders and guidance through the legal system.
Individuals’ immigration status will never be questioned during the process of preparing legal documents or at any court hearings!
Our legal services include:
- Information and referrals to legal, community, and emergency resources by phone and in-person.
- Assistance with restraining order paperwork.
- Assistance with family law legal documents.
- Aid with cease & desist letters.
- Accompaniment to court hearings.
- Advocacy within the civil legal system.
- Wrap-around case management and referrals to partnering attorneys for immigration status, T/U visa applications, and Violence Against Women’s Act applications.
- Case management for housing, counseling, and supportive services.