Donate On Line Now to YWCA-MC
What makes us the best non-profit to donate on line? It is the immeasurable help we provide women in need. When women have nowhere to turn in crisis, YWCA-MC is here to help. From Legal Aid to Domestic Violence shelter, we work hands on with women in the Monterey Community. Our donation website is safe and secure to donate on line.
Consider a donation now to the YWCA-MC. Even just the cost of your morning coffee helps us continue providing life-changing support. Consider giving generously to ensure the continued safety of our clients. You could support the staff in our 24/7 Domestic Violence Shelter by sponsoring an 8 hour shift. Or, you can donate to support our new Food Bank created in response to Covid-19.
Whatever you do decide to offer, be assured that your money will go directly to the people who need it, women and children fleeing from domestic abuse and human trafficking.
The Shadow Pandemic
For those facing the causes and consequences of Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking, these are particularly difficult and worrying times. Having to be quarantined or stay at home more with an abuser heightens the risk for violence. Since the Shelter in Place went into operation, we have experienced a massive increase in demand for our services. To meet this increase we adapted our progams as follows:
- We quickly adapted our service delivery in line with expert recommendations. Both efforts delay the spread of the virus and ensures that those we support are not left isolated.
- Our Domestic Violence Shelter advocates are still working hard. We support those on the acute end of violence by offering support on our Crisis Line. By providing advice, emotional support, and emergency referrals, we help women make permanent changes. Our wide network of peers in the private sector makes us the best domestic abuse resource in Monterey County.
- We are supporting families who are finding it difficult to adjust to their first tenancy in years. They are under much greater strain and worry as a result of this pandemic. By offering material and financial support, we strive to alleviate the stress of finding safe and affordable housing.
- We’re providing essential person-centered support to at risk families through digital methods. People who may be feeling isolated, afraid or struggling with relationship breakdowns and intimate partner violence can reach us without compromising quarantines.
- We are excited to have started the process of obtaining a home for our new Step Down Housing Program. This much needed support program provides survivors with an option after the Safe House.
We Need Your Support
As an innovative organization, we’re adapting to this public health crisis as best we can. By adapting to new ways of working, we have been developing different ways to support those in need.
Now more than ever, we’re counting on your vital support. We have made it easy to support our non-profit by donating on line. With your help, we have become a strong website to donate in the Monterey community.